The Refinery Was Constructed In 1877
From the Los Angeles Herald of December 13, 1873. Petroleum Refinery Equipment Tower Internals And Packings Information on the building of the refinery at Lyon’s Station.
Plans for the restoration of the refinery. Not every thing that was deliberate was accomplished. From the Los location of petroleum in india map Angeles Instances of March 3, 1930.
Article from the California Oil World of November 6, 1930, about the restoration of the refinery. The refinery was constructed in 1877, not 1876.
Picture of plaque taken by Barbara Sitzman Cook on May 31,1966. The refinery was constructed in 1877, not 1876, as the plaque says.
California’s First Oil Refinery
Operated on a Commercial Scale
Restored by the standard Oil Firm of California in 1930 as a Memorial to
D. G. Scofield
and his Pioneer Associates
of the California Star Oil Works Company
A Predecessor of the standard Oil Company of California
In 1875 – 1876 Mr. Scofield and his associates obtained California’s first
commercial production of crude petroleum in Pico Canyon six miles
northwest of this level and built this refinery for the
manufacture of petroleum merchandise.
From the Fourth Annual Report of the State Mineralogist for the 12 months Ending May 15, 1884, p. 303.
From the Los Angeles Times of January 1, 1887, we learn that the refinery was still getting used.
The Alameda Refinery was constructed and opened in 1880, dooming the Pioneer Refinery
The Richmond Refinery was started in 1901 and opened in 1902. It would substitute the Alameda Refinery. It continues to be in location of petroleum in india map use right this moment. (Photo from a postcard)
The Newhall Sign of July 29, 1948, studies on some deliberate work to be done at the refinery.
From the San Francisco Chronicle of June 14, 1961, is that this photograph of the almost accomplished Commonplace Oil Museum in Richmond, Ca. The primary oil refinery have been stills # 1 and #2 from the Pioneer Oil Refinery. The “pump works” also got here from Pico Canyon.
By November of 1961, the museum two-still refinery was completed. Evidently there was some controversy concerning the elimination of those two stills from the Pioneer Oil Refinery in Newhall. From the Newhall Signal of November 9, 1961. See right here for current (2016) views of the stills at the now closed museum site.
This is an aerial view of the Chevron Richmond, Ca, refinery. The crimson arrow is pointing to the placement of the previous Standard Oil Museum.
A more in-depth view from above. The boiler is circled on the left and the chimney for the stills is on the precise. The museum is under them in the constructing with the purple roof. The Ethyl Information journal of 1961 reported that the museum is in a “36 x 140 foot redwood and glass constructing”. The date that the museum closed is unknown.
Pioneer Refinery dedicated as a mechanical engineering landmark on October 27, 1975. From the Newhall Sign of September 29, 1975.
If you have any concerns relating to where and how you can utilize coal, you can contact us at our web site.